MOTs in Worthing
Leading Automotive Service And Repair Shop In Central Worthing
Book your MOT test today for just £50 with Alpha Automotive. Once booked we arrange the MOT test with a fully approved and experienced local MOT testing centre.
What’s included in an MOT?
For vehicles that come within the MOT scheme, testing is mandatory every year after the vehicle is 3 years old. This test features dozen of checks to ensure that the vehicle meets the safety and environmental standards set by the government.
At Alpha Automotive we can advise on any minor issues that will need addressing in the future. We will not conduct any work without your permission and will always provide you with a quote beforehand.
We use genuine or OEM parts so you can be assured that any work we do will not invalidate your manufacturer's warranty.
Check Your MOT Status
Click the link below to check your MOT status using the .Gov website.Check MOT Status
How is your vehicle checked during an MOT test?
During an MOT Test, the examiner will check many areas of the vehicle, including bodywork, emissions and safety features, the test ensures that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards. Below are the main areas that are covered:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment:
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on